Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why?

Question: Why does everyone like Ultimate Frisbee?

Answer:
1. There aren't too many sports out there that everyone in your family can play. Everyone can play Frisbee. I've seen moms, dads, children, grandparents, you name it, playing Frisbee.

2. The Frisbee itself is one of the easiest things to throw. I've seen little kids quickly catch on to throwing it straight! It's just easy... Naturally.

3. I think some of it has to do with who you play with. If you're playing competitively and not for fun, people will notice and might even stay away. But if you're out there just for the fun of it, people will also notice that and I think they'll have more fun and come back.

4. Exercise! I need my exercise. :) This is just another excuse to do it.

5. Getting outside with some of your best friends is probably another reason... I really enjoy just sitting/playing/walking outside. Just smelling all that fresh air makes me feel good.

Well, if you like Frisbee for any other reasons, let me know! I might have to make another list. ;)

Now go outside and help yourself to some of God's fresh air. He makes it just for us!

Frisbeeman

3 comments:

  1. Dear Frisbeeman, I think every one of those reasons are true! Its one of my favorite sports! Keep posting about the frisbee tips!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of those reasons. Other things I like: It's versatile, flexible and relatively inexpensive: just need a disc, a field, and something to mark the goals. You can play with almost any number of players. Also, there are no definite "positions" like in baseball or football, so you can play several roles in a game, like defense, support offense, deep offense, end zone receiving, etc (provided all of the positions are being covered by your team, of course!). Each player can determine the level of energy and intensity at which they play. The sport also can require a lot of mental energy and instant planning. There's always room to improve, so the game stays fresh. Finally, it is a lot of fun to watch (or pull off) incredible plays!

    Dan Romanowitz
    (I think I'm going to have to become a follower.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely become a follower... Even though I don't post as much as I'd like. :{

    But yeah, there's tons of reasons people like Frisbee!

    You need to come down here to get yourself prepared for Friday Frisbee up there... We've played 14 games this year already. :)

    ~Frisbeeman

    ReplyDelete